Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Hiatus Quelled: let's get reorganized!

I have to apologize, I'm not really sure where most of January has gone. Week 1 started off pretty strong, week 2 was all about the link up, and week 3 I fell off the map completely. I felt defeated.  Then last week work sent me to a conference on direct to consumer wine shipping (sounds terribly exciting right?). A funny thing happened there during the social media session, while it happened to be least helpful from a professional standpoint; this segment became the most insightful from a blogging standpoint.

The segment spoke about planning and organizing your content and how to keep things fresh, even when you're writing a bit in advance. They handed out links and advice on programs that can help you stay organize and what to do with a series. The ideas poured onto my conference notes, new ways to brainstorm, new stories to tell and how to stay on top of it all. A few of the things they suggested were even all-around tools. To do lists, mind maps, and even easy (and FREE) Photo and video editing software.

I am getting up to speed on these amazing new tools and will share the highlights as I find them. I thank you for sticking with me during my hiatus and hopefully I'll be back in stride soon.

What tools do you use to stay organized?
What was the last unexpected source of inspiration/motivation?

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Anything that has to do with wine has to be a good time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was interesting to me but I'm quite a cork dork and was surrounded by other cork dorks to network with. Haha.

      Thanks for coming by!

      Delete