Thursday, January 13, 2011

I want to go home.

Every house where love abides
And friendship is a guest,
Is surely home, and home sweet home
For there the heart can rest.
- Henry Van Dyke -


This quote was posted by Porter Hovey at Kissssing - A Love Blog 


I had this thought last night as I was attempting to sleep on the couch. Yes in the house I'm living in, my thought was "I want to go home". Then it occurred to me, that at that very moment, home was something I didn't have.  I do have a roof over my head, and food in the fridge. Peyton has her room, but the place we sleep stopped feeling like home.

Which is good in someways. We are moving. If the housing deal ever goes through, and we can fill out the paperwork correctly to get us a proper loan so we can move. I think I've decided to screw the loan. I can always refinance, this is what Papa Joe had in mind for the funds he put aside, right? A home.

I want a place where people feel welcome, I want to be the hostess. I want to lay down at night and not be concerned. I know I will always find something to worry about, but a few less things may be nice.

I started sketching my idea of home. Did a floor layout of the new house and wrote feelings, actions, and colors. Thing that evoke emotion. Maybe I'll sneak in some time to upload by kitchy little drawing and share. ( I tend to be bad at that)

Draw your house, or apartment or dorm, or favorite place. Draw and write and color what goes on there. I think you'll be surprised what you feel, or what to feel about your space.

No comments:

Post a Comment