Friday, January 21, 2011

Faith is the supplier of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen


Funny thing about Faith. I've always felt my faith came from trust. Trust in God, or a god, or the universe or karma or myself. Or maybe my faith is just that we'll make it through. A friend of mine has a great tattoo that reads "faith is simply a refusal to panic" - This tends to hold true for me. I simply refuse to panic. Usually.

Today has begun a vortex of panic. Today is frantic and ugly. Today I am letting my faith take a backseat. Which is quite unlike me. I will find my faith today. I will finish my panic. I will let this go.

Things will work out. Lyrics always help right?


I'll fly away from it all one day /I'll fly away

These are the days that I will remember/ When my names called on a roll
They'll meet me with two long stem glasses/Make a toast to me coming home

'Cause I heard Jesus, He drank wine/And I bet we'd get along just fine
He could calm a storm and heal the blind/And I bet He'd understand
Understand a heart like mine, oh yes, He would
-Miranda Lambert, "Heart Like Mine"


No comments:

Post a Comment