Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas Hangover

Hello,

Hope everyone's holiday was amazing, even if it was just a day off to eat Chinese. Ready for my post-Christmas confession:

I had fudge for breakfast. Well I had a yogurt and grapes after that, but fudge was the first thing I consumed today. It just sounded so good and is fantastic when it's fresh.

Now on to playing catch-up, we spend last Sunday to Tuesday in South Lake Tahoe. Tahoe is about 2.5 hours from Napa so it's a great getaway spot. If you've never been to the California foothills, definitely put it on your bucket list.We're lucky enough to have lakeside condos there to enjoy. Had to share some of the beauty
Our lakefront view




 On Monday we took the Hevenly Resort Gondola to the top of the mountain which allows for stunning views.
 There is a view point half way up with a great coffee shop and mimosas yum! Its a great place to stop and take pictures and just really enjoy the view of the lake. We spend about 30 minutes walking around and enjoying all the different sides of this view, they also had viewfinders which were fun for P; they helped her really understand how far up we were.

The one thing I didn't really get pictures of were all the tracks in the snow you could see from both this view and out the sides of the gondola car. 

We enjoyed trying to name them all, deer, rabbits, and what we assumed to be mountain lion or bear.

This is an adorable picture of my parents that I just love. 37years going strong and they make me so happy.

We all made it the 2.5 miles to the top to enjoy a beer and some really excellent garlic fries and a little people watching.  We all had a discussion on the groups of people filing in and out of the 1 door open rather than the 3 other doors available, and pure inability to hold doors for others. Funny the cold must have frozen off their manners.


After all was said and done it was a nice quick trip to the snow, I'm not a huge cold fan so just a few days was great. However I do wish I had more excuses to dress P up like this. <<
We also enjoyed a dinner of Prime Rib and a fantastic bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon from 1982 to share. I caught up with some cousins I almost never see anymore and had some quiet time to stitch'n'bitch with my cousin lola.

Hope everyone's holidays were wonderful also, I'd love to hear all about it. Back to work next week and planning a fresh start to the new year!



Did you travel during the holdiays?
Plane, train, or automobile? 
Are you a fan of snow?

No comments:

Post a Comment