Wednesday, December 8, 2010

wanting a home

Noah: What do you want?
Allie: I want a white house with blue shutters and a room overlooking the river so I can paint.
Noah: Anything else?
Allie: Yes! I want a big ole porch wrapped around the whole house. We can drink tea and watch the sun go down.



If only it were that easy for all of us.

Shopping for a house is the weirdest experience I've ever had. It is the most specific list of I want, I need, I don’t care about that I have ever had to consider.

This isn't a prom dress, or a car. This is my daughters first real home, This is a major life investment, that I'm going to agree to pay for - for the next 30 years... 30.

I know I want a kitchen that had good storage and counter space. or that we can add counter space to. I'd love an Island, or room for an Island or a bar. I want closet space, and big windows, and natural light, and a fire place. I want room for Bookshelves and lots of books and art.

Photobucket

We need a decent foundation. Good roof. Fairly new windows. A fence that can contain the children.

I don’t care about fresh paint, new floors, or clean carpet. Or things like handles on the cupboards, or how messy the yard is. I don’t care if Peyton's playroom needs to be redone or the flowerboxes are dead. These are things I get to change for me, us, together. These are projects Teal and I get to work on.

I'm excited!!! So excited!!! and thinking soooo hard so much and so long. I'm exhausted but excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment