Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Cozy Rain

Photobucket
 The best kind of rain, of course, is a cozy rain... the rain that falls on a day when you'd just as soon stay in bed a little longer, write letters or read a good book by the fire, take early tea with hot scones and jam and look out the streaked window with complacency.
- Susan Allen Toth, England For All Seasons

Today's weather based post was inspired by Heather and her fantastic blog: To Live Inspired

I wish today was just a cozy rain. Today is a rip-roaring full fury of mother nature storm. I want to absorb the energy of this storm and power through the last few weeks of this year. They will be challenging, they will be tiring.

I want to embrace the fury of the storm. I want to draw her power and make it my own and slam my way in to January. I want to muster all of my strengthy and show everyone what I'm made of.

I received a comment of how calm I seem these days. While buying a house, working very stressful 50 hour weeks, and creating the best Christmas Peyton could have ever imagined. I'm too busy to be stressed out. Stress doesn't help me accomplish everything. Stress does not build confidence in my abilites, create a productive attitude, or let Peyton celebrate the magic of this season.

In my weather power trip of using the storm to kick tailfeathers all the way to 2011; I do find myself wanting a day of Pajamas, Movies, and Soup. I want a lazy day to recoup - maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment